Presented by Public Record Office Victoria in partnership with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria, the Victorian Community History Awards are held annually to celebrate the people involved in community history projects who are dedicated to telling local stories which help all Victorians to better understand their past. The categories include:
- Victorian Premier's History Award ($5000 prize)
- Collaborative Community History Award ($2000)
- Local History Project Award ($2000)
- History Publication Award ($2000)
- Small History Publication Award ($1500)
- Small Organisation History Project Award ($1500)
- Community Diversity Award ($1500)
- Digital Storytelling Award ($1500)
- Historical Interpretation Award ($1500)
- Oral History Award presented in collaboration with Oral History Victoria ($1500)
- History Article Award ($500)
- Judges' Special Prize ($500)
Entries for 2023 are now closed
Thank you for your entries! Due to shortened timelines this year we will not announce a shortlist. Commended and winning projects will be announced at an event in February 2024. Invitations to all entrants will be sent in January.
The Victorian Community History Awards are supported by the Victorian Government through the Community Support Fund.