Author: Public Record Office Victoria
Our new website has now been in place for close to six months. We have asked users for feedback and are continually working to make improvements and address user concerns. We thought we'd take an opportunity firstly to thank everyone for their feedback and patience. Secondly to give you all an update on the work that's been going on to continually improve the site.
Addressing your feedback
We have been receiving your feedback and here are some of the main issues we've addressed so far:
- We've been identifying and fixing an intermittent bug with ordering records.
- We've been improving Agency or Series Title searching to reduce the number of irrelevant results being returned.
- We've changed the display of 'Continuing' agencies dates.
- We've made improvements to the search process for Wills and Probates and Passenger Lists.
- We've updated content to make the site easier to read and search, including putting together information on the different ways to search our collection. See how do I search the collection here.
A work in progress
We will continue to further refine the search interface and develop new content to make searching our collection easier. We are also planning a second phase of the website development which will provide a whole range of improvements and functionality. Some of the highlights will include new options for searching and browsing, and a new image/record display.
Thank you for your feedback
If you discover further bugs or issues with our new website please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com
Material in the Public Record Office Victoria archival collection contains words and descriptions that reflect attitudes and government policies at different times which may be insensitive and upsetting
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples should be aware the collection and website may contain images, voices and names of deceased persons.
PROV provides advice to researchers wishing to access, publish or re-use records about Aboriginal Peoples