|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The State College of Victoria at Coburg commenced in July 1973 when it was made a constituent member of the State College of Victoria (VA 437) in accordance with the State College of Victoria Act 1972. It was previously the Coburg Teachers' College [VA 5211].
In 1974 the State College of Victoria at Coburg offered a three-year Diploma of Teaching (Primary) course. From 1977, the range of courses expanded in the education and community studies sectors including Diploma of Youth Work, Graduate Diploma in Community Studies, Associate Diploma in Criminal Justice and Welfare Administration, and Associate Diploma in Ethnic Studies.
In 1982 the State College of Victoria at Coburg amalgamated with Preston Institute of Technology to form Phillip Institute of Technology (VA 1052).