|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The cemetery managed by this Trust was initially called Duneed. However when the Mt. Duneed cemetery opened in 1864 the name was changed to Mt. Moriac.
Under the provisions of the Cemeteries Acts, trustees of public cemeteries were appointed by the Governor-in-Council. The trustees were responsible for the administration and maintenance of the cemetery, the collection of fees and expenditure of revenue (for e.g. grants, subsidies received) the registration of burials and cremations, the making of rules and regulations and determining the scale of fees.