|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
Springvale and Noble Park Sewerage Authority was constituted under the Sewerage Districts Act. The establishment of the Authority was proclaimed in the Victoria Government Gazette 8 December 1948.
A detailed survey of the district was carried out subsequently, however it was not until circa 1958 that properties were connected.
[The name of the suburb Springvale is one word (in 2006) but it may have been written as two words in earlier times, that is, as Spring Vale.]
Under an Order in Council published in the Government Gazette 16 May 1984, the Springvale and Noble Park Sewerage Authority and the Dandenong Sewerage Authority were abolished (p. 1490). Under the same Order in Council, the Dandenong-Springvale Water Board was constituted and was the sucessor in law to both of the former Authorities.