|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
Mount Richmond National Park was first reserved and gazetted in the Government Gazette of 7 June 1960. The Committee of Management was appointed under Section 221 of the Land Act 1958 which allowed for these appointments for the management of Crown lands listed under Section 14 of the Land Act 1958.
The Committee, consisting of appointed members representative of the local community and the responsible departments, was responsible for the drafting of regulations for the use of the reserve, for ensuring the provision of access and services within the reserve, the appointment of rangers and ensuring that regulations were policed.
Committees of Management were abolished under the National Parks Act 1975 being replaced by Advisory Committees. There was an Advisory Committee for the Mount Richmond National Park until 1978 when it was not re-appointed by the Minister.