|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
* VA 4026 Melbourne Parks and Waterways
- established under the Water Industry Act 1994
- with the management of the former National Parks Service (part of DNRE VA 3097) and other park assets previously managed by a range of different authorities, committees of management and trusts became part of Parks Victoria.
- Parks Victoria established as corporate body under the Parks Victoria Act 1998.
- function is to manage parks, reserves and other public land on behalf of the State, may provide management services for other land used for public purposes and may enter into agreements or arrangements for the prevention and suppression of fire.