|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
* Business Licensing Authority
- established under the Business Licensing Authority Act 1998
- administers licensing, registration and permission provisions contained in a number of Acts for estate agents, credit and finance providers, introduction agents, motor car traders, prostitution industry, secondhand dealers and pawnbrokers and travel agents.
- authority supersedes a number of earlier industry specific licensing authorities.
- appeal from decisions is to VCAT
- administrative support is provided by the Office of Fair Trading and Business Affairs (Department of Justice).