|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The East Gippsland Municipal Pipeworks was a cooperative enterprise for the Shires of Avon, Maffra, Bairnsdale, Traralgon, Orbost, Rosedale, Omeo and Tambo established by 1924 based at Stratford (Shire of Avon). It appears that each Council sent delegates to Annual General Meetings, with the enterprise being overseen by a Secretary-Manager. Its function appears to have been the manufacture of concrete pipes, paving slabs, channel sections and building blocks. Annual accounts show that these were sold to the participating Shire authorities for their needs and to other clients.