|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The police station at Bethanga, North-West of Tallangatta near the Murray River, was first opened on 21 January 1877 at which time it was part of the North East Police District with its headquarters in Benalla.
The station was known as Bethanga Lower at least for the period April 1914 - April 1952.
Between 1967 and 1978 the station was closed and reopened in January 1986.
Location of Records
See list below and Police Historical Unit.