|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
An Afforestation Camp at French Island was first established in July 1916 but was formally known as the French Island Reformatory Prison (see Government Gazette 1916). The Afforestation Camp at French Island was "proving a valuable addition to the machinery for carrying out reformation work under the Indeterminate Sentences System" in 1917.
The institution was also known as the McLeod Prison Farm and as the
McLeod Training Centre until its closure in 1975.
Location of Records
See list below for records of the McLeod Training Centre in the custody of the Public Record Office.