|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
On 23 December 1864 an Order in Council redefined and renamed the Heathcote Road District as the Shire of McIvor. (The Road District had only been established on 15 June 1863.)
Local Government Reform 1993-1995
This council was abolished on 18 November 1994 as part of a statewide program of local government reform enacted between 1993 and 1995. The reform process reduced the number of councils from 210 to 78. The Greater Bendigo City Council (VA 3689), Mitchell Shire Council (VA 3704) and Strathbogie Shire Council VA 3720) have been appointed as the successor in law of the Shire of McIvor and have assumed its rights, assets and liabilities.