|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The Alberton Road District was proclaimed on the 5 November 1855 and later a Shire on the 25 January 1864.
Local Government Reform 1993-1995
This council was abolished in 1994 as part of a statewide program of local government reform enacted between 1993 and 1995. The reform process reduced the number of councils from 210 to 78.
Wellington Shire Council [VA 3723] has been appointed as the successor in law for the Alberton Shire Council and has assumed any rights, assets and liabilities of these abolished councils.