|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The Committee of Management of the Eildon Water Supply Reserve was first appointed and gazetted in the Government Gazette of 5 March 1961. The Committee was appointed under Section 221 of the Land Act 1958 which allowed for these appointments for the management of Crown lands listed under Section 14 of the Land Act 1958. These lands were not vested in trustees. From 1978, committee appointments were covered by the Crown Land (Reserves) Act. Such committees were not responsible to the National Parks Authority (VA549).
The Committee, consisting of appointed members, representative of the local community and the responsible departments, was responsible for the drafting of regulations for the use of the reserve, for ensuring the provision of access and services within the reserve, the appointment of rangers and ensuring that regulations were policed.
The Eildon Water Supply Reserve was the lakeshore frontage of Fraser National Park with members of that park's Committee of Management also being on this Committee of Management.