|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
Preston Institute of Technology (VA 1212) was founded as the Preston Technical School in 1937. Located in St Georges Road, Preston the School initially offered places to almost 400 students, however the facility proved to be too small and plans were made to expand the School. The school offered certificate courses in electrical and mechanical engineering, trade courses in carpentry, plumbing and gas-fitting as well as apprentice courses and preparatory apprentices classes. Classes were also offered in accountancy and bookkeeping, shorthand, typewriting, dressmaking and dress cutting.
Preston Institute of Technology merged with State College of Victoria at Coburg (VA 5188) after the 1981 academic year to form the Phillip Institute of Technology (VA 1052).